Today I am going to make fish curry in a different way but make it spicy. I wanted to use this Jamaican curry powder, but wanted to make it spicy too, so added these frozen Thai red chilies. It was very spicy and yet simple so I named it Thai infused Spicy Curry Fish. It made my eyes water because of the spiciness but still could not stop eating. :-)
This fish curry can be serve with hot steamed rice.
1 lb Cat Fish fillets cut into cubes
2 tbsp Jamaican Curry powder (This can also be found in Oriental Market or Oriental stores)
8-10 Thai Red Chilies (I used the frozen ones which I got from Oriental Market), cut diagonally
1 tsp Ginger-Garlic paste
salt to taste
1 tbsp Cumin Powder
1/2 tsp White Pepper powder
1/4 cup Coconut mix
1 sprig Curry leaves
1 medium Onion sliced
1 tbsp Oil
1. In a deep sauce pan, add oil, when it's hot add ginger-garlic paste and saute it for about 2 mins until it turns golden brown.
2. Add Curry leaves, Thai red chillies and onions.
3. Saute the onions until it turns transparent.
|Jamaican Curry Powder|
4. Now add all the spice powders (Jamaican curry powder, cumin powder, pepper powder, salt and white pepper powder), saute it until the raw spice smell is gone, now add enough water and bring it to a boil.
5. Now add the fish and cook for about 8-10 mins or until the fish is cooked.
6. Now simmer the flame to medium low and add the coconut milk and serve this hot with steamed rice.