Today Shoj wanted to make this chicken liver fry. I was so excited because, we never cooked liver so often and that too this time Shoj wanted to make this recipe. I always remember my mom making it with goat liver, but was not sure about chicken liver. After coming to the US this is the first time we are experimenting with chicken liver. We both love pepper flavor and pepper flavored recipes. So this was a wonderful try and it tasted good and spicy.
1/2 lb Chicken liver
10-12 Shallots thinly sliced
1/2 tsp Ginger-garlic paste
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Chilly powder
1 1/2 tsp back Pepper powder
1 tsp Garam Masala
1/4 tsp Fennel seeds (Saunf)
salt to taste
2 tsp Oil
1 sprig Curry leaves
1. Wash the chicken liver properly and marinate it with salt, turmeric powder, black pepper powder for about 10-15 mins.
2. In a pan add oil, add curry leaves, saunf and when they sputter add onions and saute them until golden brown.
3. Add ginger-garlic paste and saute until the raw taste is gone for about a min.
4. Now add red chili powder, garam masala and rest of the black pepper powder and saute it until the masala is cooked properly.
5. Now add the chicken liver and coat it properly with all the masala and let it cook for only about 5 mins in medium high heat.
6. Don't overcook it or else it mush get mushy.
7. This recipe goes well with steamed rice or rotis.