Thursday, March 31, 2011

Quick Banana Bread Pudding


I had this stale Italian bread sitting inside my fridge for about a week, so thought of using this up into a new, but interesting recipe. Saturday morning, nice and sunny outside....those beautiful sun rays sparkled an idea into my mind, of making bread pudding. This is how I used up both my bread and the banana.When I was ready to post this recipe to my blog, I just typed stale bread on to Google. I saw this interesting site telling about "10 smart ways to reuse stale bread". I am adding a link to that site, thought may be it will be useful to you all and for me too to refer later to make other things with a stale bread.

Ingredients:
------------
1 long Stale Italian Bread (you can use any stale bread which is bit dried without any moisture)
2 ripe bananas
2 +1 tbsp Brown sugar
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 Dried Cherries, Berries and Raisins
1 pinch Salt

Method:
---------
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Cut the bread into bite size cubes and place it in a bowl.
3. In a small bowl add 1 pinch salt, 2 tbsp brown sugar and bananas and mash it. (It does not matter if there are chunks of banana)
4. Now mix both the banana and bread so that all the banana is well coated.
5. Now add the dried fruits and mix well and shift these ingredients to a baking dish or casserole.
6. Sprinkle 1 tbsp brown sugar on top.
7. Cover the baking dish with aluminium foil and bake it for about 30 mins.
8. Now remove the foil and bake it again for about 5-8 mins or until the top is crispy and brown.
9. Serve this warm as it is for breakfast or as a dessert with some whipped cream or ice cream of your choice.