I always make pancakes during the weekend with different home made sauces to top it with. This time we got up late and didn't have much fruits except banana. I know that banana and walnuts blend well with each other. So thought of making it more tastier and healthier.
1 cup Pancake waffle mix (I used Aunt Jamima's original pancake waffle mix)
3/4 cup water
1 tbsp oil
2 ripe Bananas sliced
1/2 cup walnuts
2 tbsp Honey
2 tbsp light Brown Sugar
2 tbsp Butter
Chocolate syrup or Nutella or Maple syrup(optional)
1. In a bowl mix the pancake mix with egg, water and oil or according to the box instructions. It does not matter if the batter is bit lumpy but make sure not to over mix the batter.
2. In a non-stick pan spray cooking oil spray and pour a ladle of batter and spread a little bit to form a nice round shape. Don't overdo. Keep the flame in medium low to get a nice light brown coat on the pancake.
3. Flip over with a spatula and cook it for about another min and place it in a serving plate.
4. Now make as many pancake as you need.
5. Take another pan add butter and when it's warm add brown sugar, honey and walnuts, and salt. cook this until bubbles form and the sugar is dissolved completely.
6. Take a pancake in a serving or breakfast plate. Over the top arrange some banana slices, and place some walnuts and pour the choice of your sauce and you can also add some whipped cream on top to make it more elegant.
7. Serve this wonderful mouth watering breakfast warm.