Today I am thinking of fish curry which is completely different. I didn't want to make the usual curry, but did want to try some different ingredients which are similar in taste, so I replaced coconut with yogurt and fenugreek powder with Dijon Mustard. Guess what, it tasted so good and game me a heads up for trying this new recipe. So thought of sharing it with you all, try and let me know how you liked it.
3 Cat Fish fillets cut into medium size peieces
1 Red Onion chopped
1 tomato chopped
1/2 tsp Ginger-Garlic paste
1 sprig Curry leaves
2 tbsp Yogurt
1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
1 tbsp Tomato paste
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Paprika powder
1 tsp Chili powder
1 tbsp Coriander powder
1/4 tsp Cumin powder
1/4 tsp Black Pepper powder
1 tsp Tamarind paste
1/4 tsp Mustard seeds
Salt to taste
1 tsp Oil
1. In a deep bottom pan add oil, when it's hot add mustard seeds and when they start to sputter, add curry leaves and ginger-garlic paste. Saute it until it turns brown.
2. Add onions and saute it until it becomes translucent.
3. Add all the spice powders except yogurt, dijon and tomato paste until the raw smell of the masala is gone.
4. Now add yogurt, dijon mustard and tomato paste and mix well with the spices. Cook it for about a min.
5. Now add the tomatoes, mix well. Cover and cook for 2-3 mins.
6. Now add enough water, salt and tamarind paste, cover and bring it a boil.
7. Now add the fish and keep the lid half covered and cook it for about 15-20 mins on medium flame or until the fish is cooked.
8. Serve this with steamed rice or appam or dosa.