You can see that now a days I am experiment on making instant idli's lately. Yes it is, because usually during the weekdays I do not have the idli batter and when I think of making idli's I need to think of something which is instant and healthy alternative. So came up with these recipes and they turned out good, so thought of sharing this recipe for you guys to try too.
1 1/2 cup Thick Poha
1 green Chili chopped
1 small Onion chopped
1/2 Cucumber chopped
2 Carrot grated
1/4 cup Peas fresh/frozen
1 1/4 tbsp Fruit Salt
Salt to taste
1/2 cup Yogurt
1 1/2 cup Water
1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
1/4 tsp Asafoetida
1 tsp Oil
1. Wash poha in a strainer so and keep it aside after the water is drained.
2. In a pan add oil, when it's hot add mustard seeds and when they sputter add asafoetida, green chilies, onions and peas, once the onions are translucent add carrots and saute it for a min, add cucumber and mix it well and off the flame and add salt and cilantro and mix well.
3. In a bowl add rava, poha, yogurt, water and fruit salt and mix well.
4. When the batter starts rising add the vegetable mixture and mix well and let it sit for about 15 mins.
5. Meanwhile In a idli cooker brush the idli plates with oil and now spoon out the batter and steam it for about 15 mins on medium high heat.
6. Off the flame and let it rest for about 5 mins and then remove idli with a spoon dipped in cold water, so that the idli does not stick.
7. Serve this hot with your choice of chutney and sambar.