Monday, March 07, 2011

Meatloaf Leftover makeover with Grilled Sweet Potato Cups filled with Orzo


I had leftover meatloaf from my previous Meatloaf Recipe. So I didn't want to bore my kid and husband with the same for the second day. So I thought of coming up with a new recipe as a makeover. :-)
So I had this sweet potato too and wanted to make some orzo with sweet potato and cheddar cheese especially for my son, so that I can add the sweet potato and cheese and cheat him by saying that it is cheese. Finally I won this challenge. So here by I made three complete recipes out of two things (meatloaf and sweet potato).

MAKEOVER MEAT LOAF RECIPE:
----------------------------------------

Ingredients:
------------
3 tbsp Chipotle Mustard
2 tbsp Ketchup


Method:
---------
1. Preheat the oven to broil.
2. Mix the ingredients and brush it over the sliced meatloaf and broil it on both sides until it turns out to be brown.


GRILLED SWEET POTATO CUPS FILLED WITH ORZO:
---------------------------------------------------------------

Ingredients:
------------
1 big Sweet Potato
1/2 Orzo pasta (I used whole wheat orzo pasta) boiled and drained


Method:
--------
1. Boild the Sweet Potato whole in pressure cooker or preheat oven for about 350 and cover the sweet potato in aluminium foil and bake it for about 30-40 mins or until 3/4 cooked.
2. Meanwhile in a sauce pan add 3 cups of water and bring it to a boil.
3. When it comes to boil add salt and orzo pasta and cook it for about 7-8 mins and drain off the water and run the pasta in cold water so that it stops cooking further. keep this aside.
4. Now after the sweet potato is cooked, peel the skin, slice the end off so that it can stand when placed on a plate.
5. Scoop out he middle part of sweet potato to a bowl to make it look like a cup.
6. Mash the scooped sweet potato with some salt and pepper and add the orzo pasta to it.
7. Heat a grill pan and brush the top end of the sweet potato cup and grill it and fill the orzo mixture and serve hot with the makeover meatloaf