I am trying to use as much as greens as I can. I got this fresh fenugreek leaves (methi) from fresh market and wanted to make something different this time and at the same time wanted to eat chicken too. So thought of this recipe. It came out so good. I was satisfied eating both greens and as well as chicken which is my all time favorite.
You can serve this recipe with Steamed Rice, Jeera Rice or Roti's. I serve this methi chicken with Onion Rice. (click on the link to see the recipe)
1 small Chicken cut to medium size pieces.
1 bunch Fenugreek leaves (Methi) ( you can also substitute with Kasuri Methi - it's nothing but dried methi leaves)
2 medium Onions sliced
1 small Tomato sliced
1 tbsp Ginger-Garlic paste
1/4 cup Yogurt
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
2 tsp Chili powder
1/2 tsp Coriander powder
1 tsp Cumin powder
1 tsp Garam Masala powder
Salt to taste
2 tsp Oil
1. In a heavy bottom pan add oil and when it's hot add ginger-garlic paste and saute it until it turns slight brown.
2. Add onions and fry until they turn translucent
3. Add all the masalas (spice powders) except the garam masala and saute it until the masala if fried well for about 3-4 mins on medium to low flame.
4. Now add the fenugreek leaves and chicken, mix well so that all the masala coats well.
5. Add yogurt and salt and mix again. Cover and cook for about 20 mins or until the chicken is cooked 3/4 th.
6. Remove the lid and add the tomatoes and cook for more 5 mins or until the tomatoes become soft and cooked.
7. Serve this hot with steamed rice or rotis, Onion Rice (or any other mixed rice).