As I said earlier in my first salad recipe, I am trying to eat more of salads, starting at least once a week. This is going good for the second week now. I made this salad with avocado, cherry tomatoes and pineapple. You don't need any extra salad dressing because the juice from the pineapple and tomatoes and creamy avocado makes a dressing by itself. If was wonderful salad and now I started loving salads and hope to keep this going.
- Avocados are high in valuable, health-promoting fats. For a typical avocado:
- About 75% of an avocado's calories come from fat, most of which is monounsaturated fat.
- Avocados also have 60% more potassium than bananas. They are rich in B vitamins, as well as vitamin E and vitamin K.
- Avocados have a high fiber content among fruits – including 75% insoluble and 25% soluble fiber.
- A fatty triol (fatty alcohol) with one double bond, avocadene (16-heptadecene-1,2,4-triol), is found in avocado.
- High avocado intake has been shown to have a beneficial effect on blood serum cholesterol levels. Specifically, after a seven-day diet rich in avocados, mild hypercholesterolemia patients showed a 17% decrease in total serum cholesterol levels. These subjects also showed a 22% decrease in both LDL (harmful cholesterol) and triglyceride levels and 11% increase in HDL(helpful cholesterol) levels. Additionally a Japanese team synthesised the four chiral components, and identified (2R, 4R)-16-heptadecene-1, 2, 4-triol as a natural antibacterial component.
Video on How to Cut an Avocado
1 box of Cherry Tomatoes halved
1 Avocado - seed removed and cubed and removed from the outer skin.
5 slices of canned pineapple cubed and juice is separated in a bowl
1 small Shallot chopped
1 small Jalapeño pepper chopped
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 bag Italian blend Salad
10 Black Olives pitted and halved
1 Lemon - Lemon rind and lemon juice
1 package Croutons (I used store bought)
1. In a bowl add Avocado, pineapple, olives, tomatoes, shallot, jalapeno, salt and pepper and lemon rind and lemon juice and mix well, so that a the avocado gets bit creamy.
2. Now add the reserved pineapple juice and mix again.
3. In a serving bowl arrange the Italian blend salad and top the salad mix and top it with croutons.