Today I am going to make simple chicken recipe without any deep frying. I made healthy alteration to the original recipe and came up this new recipe. This chicken was so tender and moist inside and crunchy outside.
I served this with Butterscotch and Black Pepper Baby Carrots and Fennel with Sweet lime and Orange wedges. (you can click on the link to see the recipe for Caramel Carrots with Fennel).
I used honey mustard for the chicken which I made for Anush and spiced up our chicken with a combination on Chipotle mustard and Dijon mustard.
|Panko Bread Crumbs|
|Whole Wheat Bread Crumbs|
2 cups Panko Bread Crumbs (I used whole wheat bread crumbs)
1 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
4 tablespoons Olive oil, divided
2 tablespoons freshly minced Thyme leaves
Kosher Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup Dijon Mustard (you can use any kind of mustard or your choice)
2 tablespoons Water (I used Apple Cider Vinegar)2 1/2 pounds boneless skinless Chicken Breasts, pounded to 1/4 -inch thickness
How to pound a chicken video
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Line a baking sheet with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Place a cooling rack over pan and spray rack with nonstick cooking spray.
3. In a shallow dish, combine bread crumbs, cheese, 2 tablespoons olive oil, thyme, salt and pepper, to taste.
4. In a separate shallow dish, combine mustard, water, salt and pepper, to taste, and remaining olive oil.
5. Coat each chicken breast with mustard mixture;dredge each in bread crumb mixture. Place on prepared rack in pan.
6. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until chicken is golden brown. Serve immediately.