This Carrot Beans poriyal is a visual treat for your eyes and a delightful dish for your stomach. It is so colourful, not only by its looks but nourishes your eyes as it is rich in Vitamin A and fibre content.
Carrots - 1/2 cup,finely chopped
Beans - 1/2 cup, finely chopped
Onion - 1 small one, finely chopped
Grated coconut - 1/4 cup
Salt - To taste
Mustard seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
Urid dal - 1/2 teaspoon
Curry leaves - 1 string
Dry Red Chillies - 4 nos
1) Pressure cook the carrot and beans mixture. Correct cooking leaves the color intact. Alternatively you can also use a Microwave instead of a pressure cooker which is comparatively simpler.
2) Take a frying pan and heat oil.
3) Add mustard seeds and urid dal. Let the seeds pop up.
4) Add curry leaves, dry red chillies and onion (in the mentioned order). Then saute the contents well.
5) Once sauteing is complete, add the cooked carrot beans mixture. And salt and mix the contents well.
6) Add grated coconut and mix them well again.
7) Hurray! Carrot Beans poriyal is ready to be served. Such an easy dish right?