Cous Cous is a type of semolina obtained from hard wheat. This colourful vegetable cous cous is prepared based on the recipe of rava kichadi. The preparation method is same for both rava and cous cous but you can find the taste distinct between the two varieties. Try this fusion recipe at home and no one says 'NO' to it after tasting it.
Cous Cous - 2 cups
Onion - 1 small size , finely sliced
Finely chopped carrot, beans and peas - 1 cup, microwave or steam cooked
Green chillies - 3 nos, sliced long wise
Ginger garlic paste - 1 teaspoon
Curry leaves - 1 string
Coriander leaves - 1 string, for garnishing
Salt - To taste
Oil - 2 teaspoons
Water - 4 cups
Mustard seeds - 1 teaspoon
1) Heat oil in a wide pan in a medium flame.
2) Add mustard seeds and allow it to pop out.
3) Add curry leaves and green chillies.
4) Add onions and saute them till they turn translucent.
5) Add ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell of it goes off.
6) Add vegetable mixture and salt to taste. (Pressure cook or microwave the vegetable)
7) Add 4 cups of water. If you are using raw vegetable mixture, increase the water quantity to 1/4 cup and cook vegetables before adding cous cous.
8) Allow it to boil.
9) When water is boiling, add cous cous and keep stirring the mixture simultaneously.
10) Cook for few minutes till the water is absorbed by cous cous.
11) Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
12) Tomato sauce or any pickle goes well with this vegetable cous cous.