Egg Omelette Gravy goes well with plain white rice and moreover it's a two in one gravy. You can use the omelette as side dish and use the gravy for
rice. This juicy, spicy, tangy floured omelette would be loved by all. Take a little time to experiment this dish in your kitchen.
Egg - 3 nos
Onion - 1 large, Half finely chopped and half sliced
Tomato - 1 medium size, sliced
Sambar Masala - 1 teaspoon
Red chili powder - 1 teaspoon
Coriander powder / Dhania powder - 1 teaspoon
Ginger - 1/2 inch, finely chopped
Garlic - 2 cloves, finely chopped
Tamarind - 1 gooseberry size soaked in a cup of warm water.
Green chillies - 2 nos, finely chopped
Salt - to taste
Curry leaves - 1 string
Coriander leaves - for garnishing
Mustard seeds and urid dal - 1/2 teaspoon
Cumin seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
Turmeric - 1/4 teaspoon
Coconut - 1/4 cup, grind to a fine paste
1) Break the egg into a bowl. Beat it with salt, finely chopped onions and green chilies and prepare an egg mixture.
2) Take a wide pan; pour the beaten egg mixture as small individual omelets. Once cooked, turn the omelet and cook the other side. Repeat this procedure until the egg mixture is over.
3) Now the mini egg omelette's are ready. Hence keep them aside.
1) Heat oil in a wide pan. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and urid dal.
2) When the seeds start to splutter, add curry leaves and sliced onions.
3) Wait till onions turn translucent, add ginger and garlic.
4) After few seconds, add tomato and fry them well until their raw smell goes off.
5) Now squeeze the tamarind and extract the juice from it. Add this juice with the mixture of onion and tomato. Add salt.
6) Add red chili powder, sambar masala, coriander powder and turmeric powder.
7) Add a little bit water and stir it well. Cook it well till the gravy is half thick.
8) Now add the omelette's slowly one bye one and stir them gently. Ensure that the gravy spreads evenly over the omelette's.
9) Add coconut to the gravy and cook for 5 more minutes in a low flame.
10) In the final stage the water content gets absorbed by the omelette's and little gravy remains. Don't worry - this is how it should be!
11) Empty the contents slowly into a bowl and garnish with coriander leaves.
12) Egg omelette gravy is now ready to be served with rice.
1) Instead of mini omelettes, you can prepare a single omeletted and cut them into your desired small sizes.
2) If you have paniyaram pan, make egg paniyaram and use in gravy instead of mini omelettes.