You might have come across many chicken recipes. But here I present a simple Chicken Gravy whose taste will linger in your taste buds for a long time. It is prepared in a rural style.
Chicken - 250 grams
Onion - 1 large - finely chopped
Tomato - 1 large
Ginger paste - 1 teaspoon
Garlic paste - 1 teaspoon
Salt - To taste
Mustard seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
Split urid dal - 1/2 teaspoon
Curry leaves - 2 strings
Oil - 4 teaspoon
Pepper powder - 1 teaspoon
Turmeric - 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander powder - 2 tablespoon
Dry Red Chilies - 5 nos
Poppy seeds - 1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds - 1 table spoon
Rice grains - 1 tablespoon
1) Take a pan and heat a teaspoon of oil in it.
2) Add all the ingredients as above mentioned for Masala.
3) Roast them well. Turn off the flame after you sense good aroma coming from it while roasting.
4) Allow the contents to cool.
5) Once the masala mixture cools down, grind it to a paste by adding little bit water. Keep this masala paste aside.
1) Wash chicken pieces thoroughly twice or thrice.
2) Take chicken pieces in a bowl. Add pepper, salt and 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder. Close the bowl using lid and keep it aside for 10- 15 minutes.
3) After 10- 15 minutes, pressure cook / microwave the chicken pieces (only for few minutes). Keep them aside once cooked.
3) Take a tomato and make a paste out of it by grinding it well in a food processor / mixer.
4) Take a wide pan and heat oil in it.
5) Add Mustard seeds and urid dal. Allow the seeds to pop out.
6) Add curry leaves.
7) After few second, add onions and saute them till turn translucent.
8) Add tomato paste and saute them well till you don't sense the raw smell of tomato.
9) Add the prepared masala mix and if required, add water. Allow it to boil.
10) Now add the chicken pieces, salt and turmeric powder. Stir it well.
11) Allow it to boil for 5 - 10 minutes.
12) When the the kulambu becomes thick or when oil starts to ooze out from gravy turn off the flame.
13) Hot n Spicy Chicken Gravy / Chicken Kulambu is ready to be served.