Picture will be updated soon!
1 tsp Mustard seeds
20-30 Dry Red Chillies
3/4 cup Urad dal
1/4 cup Chana dal
1/2 tbsp Asafoetida
Salt to taste
2 tsp Oil
1. In a saute pan add oil and when it's hot add the dry red chilies and saute them until they trun light brown.
2, Remove the chilies and place it on a place to cool.
3. In the same pan of oil, add Chana dal and roast it until it turns slight brown. keep stirring it to avoid burning.
4. Remove the chana dal to a plate to cool.
5. Now add urad dal to the same pan and roast it until it turns slight brown.
6. Remove urad dal to a plate to cool.
7. After all the dal and the chilies come to room temperature, powder it to a coarse powder in a mixer adding salt and asafoetida.
8. This powder can be served with dosa or idli with little bit of oil or ghee.