Rava laddu is one of the the simplest,easiest and tastiest recipe prepared at home. Almost familiar all over India, this laddu is used as dessert and considered an energy booster for kids. Overall a wonderful recipe which would be liked by everyone.
Rava/Semolina/Suji - 1 cup
Sugar - 1 cup
Milk - 1/2 cup
Grated Coconut - 1/2 cup
Cashew Nuts - 15 Nos
Raisins - 10 Nos
Cardamom Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Ghee - 3 tablespoons
1) Choose a wide pan and heat 1 tablespoon of ghee.
2) Add rava and roast it untill the aroma comes. Once roasting is complete, allow it to cool down.
3) Meanwhile heat the remaining ghee in the pan.
4) Add cashew nuts and raisins. When cashews turn golden brown and the raisins start blowing up, remove them from the pan.
5) Add grated coconut to the pan and roast them well.
6) Make sure all the above are done in low flame of stove.
7) Blend the Rava into half fine stage and blend the sugar into powder.
8) Mix rava,sugar,cardamom powder,cashew nuts and raisins together.
9) Now boil the milk and add it to the mixture slowly.
10) Each time when you add milk to the mixture, check whether you are able to make laddu's out of it. It is enough to add only the required amount of milk each time.
11) Shape the laddu's to uniform size with your hand and now it is ready to eat.